Sunday, September 28, 2014

Wine


"In wine there is Wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria."  I doubt Ben Franklin actually said that, but its a great quote either way.

Wine is an amazing thing. Who really wants to eat a bunch of grapes, not I. But pour them into a glass that can get me drunk, now that is a fruit I can get behind.


Jack Keller's webpage is where I adapted most of my recipes from. He has some out there recipes on there too; Onion, Jalapeno. I think I'll pass on those. 


The Papaya and Mano wine were made from dried fruit and are utterly vile. If anyone is interested I believe there is four bottles of each left.

The Berry Wine I quite like.  When the frozen fruit would go on sale I would buy a dozen bags. Blackberries, blueberries, cherries, raspberries and some Welch's red concentrate makes a pretty good dry red.


I like orange juice with breakfast. I like it even better for breakfast with cheap champagne. Why not have the alcohol in it right from the bottle and save valuable moments early in the morning?

Using frozen orange juice concentrate diluted per directions on container, sugar was added to get target alcohol content of 11%.  Lalvin 71B-1122 yeast was selected for its ability to ferment out Malic acid as I had concern the finished wine was going to be overly tart.  I was very satisfied with the end results.

When a google image search for 'Orange' was ran, Halle Berry in her orange swimsuit from Die Another Day was one of the top results. That was all the justification I needed to put her on a label.



Designing the labels for the bottles is almost as entertaining as drinking the wine itself.  Well, not really, but it gives me something to do while drinking last year's products.

No comments:

Post a Comment